Digital Marketing Specialist
You make technology sing. Applications, software and systems aren’t just your domain, they’re your instruments. You know how to use them to build high-caliber marketing assets that move the sales needle. And you love helping others do the same.
You think on your feet. You have never met a problem you couldn’t solve. You have a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive to get things done correctly. And while curiosity might have killed the cat, you know it can make your career.
You are a stickler for quality. 404 pages make you cringe. Dead air causes hives. And you’ve been known to straighten crooked pictures on your friends’ walls. In short, you notice the details and know they’re important.
You take your work, but not yourself seriously. Our marketing department is small, but passionate. We put out a ton of stuff, but we do it all with a good sense of humor, shared passion for food and occasional rally song. And we’re excited to find another team member who will do the same.
But what would I do all day? (Hint: a lot)
You will partner with our design, content and project peeps to:
- Serve as webmaster for primary corporate site, blogs and all other web & digital properties, managing the day-to-day and always scouring for ways to attract more visitors and improve their experience
- Execute hundreds of targeted email campaigns, including building the emails within our systems, pulling/managing lists, A/B testing and monitoring results to optimize results
- Serve as systems administrator for a variety of marketing systems (e.g. Pardot, EventBrite, Agility CMS, Salesforce, WordPress and Constant Contact), combining knowledge of department needs with an expert-level knowledge of the system’s capabilities to help us get the most out of our systems and our efforts
- Edit and post all weekly podcasts and monthly webinars for Pragmatic Live series; research and recommend new techniques, technologies and promotional efforts to continue to elevate Pragmatic’s offerings and maximize number of listeners
- Provide assistance to graphics team, including image creation and resizing, content piping, etc.
- Provide support—administrative and other—to all members of the marketing team to help ensure adherence to Pragmatic’s aggressive marketing schedule
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in digital marketing and digital media and help us take advantage of them
What skills do I need to rock this position?
- Degree, preferably in marketing, digital media or relevant field
- 2-3 years’ experience in digital marketing and systems management
- Strong understanding of visual and digital communication principles
- Solid HTML skills; Content management system experience
- Familiarity with marketing automation tool required; Pardot experience preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audacity or other (audio/video) media editing software
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a large plus, as is experience in a CRM tool such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to learn, strong sense of urgency and ability to multi task essential
- A love of food and a good laugh is not gonna hurt
What we bring to the table
Pragmatic Marketing is the leading authority on product management and marketing. We train technology companies around the world on how to build products people want to buy and how to market them effectively. We’ve trained more than 125,000 people to date, and we’re just getting started. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list 9 times and we’ve been named one of the best places to work in the valley. We offer 18 PTO & sick days (in addition to the week between Christmas and New Year’s off) and 100% paid medical. Oh, and have I mentioned the food?
But enough about us. We want to hear about you. If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume, cover letter and links to some of the favorite items you’ve worked on to email@example.com. (Don’t be afraid to brag, we want to hear all about why you’d be a great addition to this team.)
While we're not currently hiring any instructors, we're always looking to meet interested candidates and discuss future opportunities. Read on to see if this is the right role for you.
Pragmatic Marketing Instructor
Pragmatic Marketing is the leading authority on product management and marketing. We train technology companies around the world on how to build products people want to buy and how to market them effectively. We’ve trained more than 100,000 people to date, and we’re just getting started. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
You’ve walked the walk. We pride ourselves on the fact that our instructors all have experience leading product and marketing teams at technology companies. We call it VP-level experience, but the title isn’t important; the fact that you’ve led teams, set strategic direction and have the scar tissue to prove it is.
You’ve got a Framework tattoo. Okay, maybe you haven’t gone that far. But you’ve attended our courses, drank the Kool-Aid and implemented our approach within your own teams. The success of the implementation may vary, but the fact you’ve got real world experience doing it cannot.
The microphone is your friend. If the thought of public speaking makes you break out into a cold sweat, this is not the job for you. If on the other hand, standing in front of a different crowd every day and teaching them how to succeed sounds like an adrenaline rush, keep reading.
You know the best restaurant in every airport. The thing about a true global client base is that it requires true global travel. You must be willing to travel about 75% of the year (not a typo) and live near a major airport hub to make this work.
In short, this is not a job for everyone. But for a few, it’s not just a job, it’s a passion. If this sounds like you, click here to submit your resume. While we don't currently have an opening, we'll keep your resume on file.
Pragmatic Marketing has been named a Phoenix Business Journal’s 2013 Best Places to Work in the Valley; honored seven times by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America; and also named a Comerica Bank Arizona Company to Watch.