While we're not currently hiring any instructors, we're always looking to meet interested candidates and discuss future opportunities. Read on to see if this is the right role for you.
Pragmatic Marketing Instructor
Pragmatic Marketing is the leading authority on product management and marketing. We train technology companies around the world on how to build products people want to buy and how to market them effectively. We’ve trained more than 100,000 people to date, and we’re just getting started. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
You’ve walked the walk. We pride ourselves on the fact that our instructors all have experience leading product and marketing teams at technology companies. We call it VP-level experience, but the title isn’t important; the fact that you’ve led teams, set strategic direction and have the scar tissue to prove it is.
You’ve got a Framework tattoo. Okay, maybe you haven’t gone that far. But you’ve attended our courses, drank the Kool-Aid and implemented our approach within your own teams. The success of the implementation may vary, but the fact you’ve got real world experience doing it cannot.
The microphone is your friend. If the thought of public speaking makes you break out into a cold sweat, this is not the job for you. If on the other hand, standing in front of a different crowd every day and teaching them how to succeed sounds like an adrenaline rush, keep reading.
You know the best restaurant in every airport. The thing about a true global client base is that it requires true global travel. You must be willing to travel about 75% of the year (not a typo) and live near a major airport hub to make this work.
In short, this is not a job for everyone. But for a few, it’s not just a job, it’s a passion. If this sounds like you, click the button below to submit your resume. While we don't currently have an opening, we'll keep your resume on file.
Pragmatic Marketing is the leading authority on product management and marketing. We train technology companies around the world on how to build products people want to buy and how to market them effectively. We’ve trained more than 125,000 people to date, and we’re just getting started. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list 9 times and we’ve been named one of the best places to work in the valley. We also have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) comparable to Apple’s. We offer 18 PTO & sick days (in addition to the week between Christmas and New Year’s off) and 100% paid medical.
And now we’re looking for a few good sales people to help us turn this brand loyalty and love into more revenue.
- Acquiring clients, negotiating and selling Pragmatic Marketing courses to product and marketing executives of Fortune 500 companies, technology powerhouses and industry leaders
- Leading potential clients to an understanding of the options or solutions that are applicable to their situation; demonstrating how our courses match their needs
- Elevating our knowledge of our clients and the problems they face
- Maximizing the revenue from every account by penetrating deeper and wider within the organization
- Contributing in weekly meetings with meaningful insights; sharing what’s working and not in your current sales efforts to benefit the entire sales team
- Meet established monthly, quarterly and annual quotas
- Act as the liaison between the client and instructor team to ensure communication, timelines and information needs are met between both parties
- 5+ years sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong work ethic and great attitude
- High levels of energy, proactivity, professionalism and competitiveness
- Close deals
- Respond to leads from email, phone, referrals and events
- Learn Pragmatic Marketing product offerings and be able to speak about them in the way that will resonate best with each individual account
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, often with multiple touch points within a single organization
- Forecast expected individual sales productivity accurately
- Meet sales goals on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Grow assigned territory through the acquisition of new accounts and the further development of existing accounts
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key internal partners
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience in B2B sales environment
- Experience in technology/software industry
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM systems
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing, up to and including PMC certification
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently but with a strong appreciation for building a sense of team and working together to improve everyone’s results
- Ability to multi-task and maintain quality work
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
About the Team
Our team’s overarching objective is to drive company revenue growth through client success. We are building up a team of highly driven individuals that are intelligent, organized and dedicated to working together as a team to accomplish and surpass quarterly and annual objectives. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys the incredible trajectory that Pragmatic Marketing provides.
Compensation includes both a fixed and variable component. To join this phenomenal team, click the button below to submit your cover letter and resume.
Sales Operations Manager
Pragmatic Marketing is the leading authority on product management and marketing. We train technology companies around the world on how to build products people want to buy and how to market them effectively. We’ve trained more than 125,000 people to date, and we’re just getting started. We’ve been highly successful for 25 years and we are ready to take it to the next level. That’s where you come in. We are looking for an experienced sales operations manager that is:
Data-Driven: We have a saying here: Your opinion, although interesting, is irrelevant. That’s because we don’t want to make decisions on opinions. We want to make them based on facts, trends and market feedback. You will help us see the story in the data so that we are fully armed to make decisions that not only continue but accelerate our growth while protecting our margins.
People-Focused: Of course, behind all the data are real live people. You understand the importance of relationships both internally and externally. You coach your employees, respect your partners and demonstrate to your customers that they are valued with every action.
Process-Oriented: Scalability. Efficiency. Repeatability. These aren’t buzzwords to you; they are a mantra. We are looking for someone who doesn’t just follow processes, but who designs them and who can ensure that both our systems and our people are ready to support them.
If you read the above and don’t see three items that are at odds with each other, but three sides of the same coin (a very odd shaped coin, but a coin) then keep reading. We might have the perfect job for you.
Pragmatic Marketing is looking for an experienced sales operations manager who will help us elevate our current sales team and more closely align our sales process to the way our buyers want to buy. They will monitor and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of sales systems, processes and data, while serving as master of our SalesForce universe. The sales operations manager will also provide sales support/training (including systems and process training), build and maintain strong partnerships with adjacent departments, and develop management dashboard reporting.
- Help develop the processes, systems and people needed to expand Pragmatic Marketing’s reach inside and outside our existing customer base
- Create, manage, communicate, train, and continuously improve all sales and sales operations related processes
- Manage the overall Salesforce.com ecosystem as it relates to sales; Develop processes, safeguards and regular checks to ensure data integrity
- Analyze sales performance, pipeline and other sales metrics to enable business decisions and identify trends
- Support the sales teams on a day-to-day basis with answers to ad hoc questions and general operations support
- Develop and maintain a suite of reports to support the sales, marketing and leadership teams; Perform ad-hoc analysis on sales and marketing data
- Analyze performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the sales team
- Work with marketing to ensure the sales team is armed with the tools, training and knowledge needed to grow their territories
- Maintain and constantly evaluate territories, account and lead assignments, quotas, and comp plans; Collaborate with sales management to evolve these items to align with broader company objectives and business goals
- At least 5 years of experience in sales operations
- Requires an excellent understanding of standard business practices related to sales operations processes and systems: sales cycle (from leads to post close analysis & support), CRM applications, reporting, forecasting, territory management and sales quotas)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions
- Management/leadership experience: Ability to nurture, develop and coach a team with differing degrees of professional and sales experience
- Advanced experience with Salesforce.com CRM system
- Ability to build effective working relationships with sales people, adjacent departments and key stakeholders, including senior management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products with extensive Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree
This is a full-time position, Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM based in Scottsdale, AZ. No relocation offered. Compensation commensurate with experience and includes both salary and bonus.
Pragmatic Marketing made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list 9 times and we’ve been named one of the best places to work in the valley. We also have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) comparable to Apple’s. We offer 18 PTO & sick days (in addition to the week between Christmas and New Year’s off) and 100% paid medical. Click the button below to submit your cover letter and resume.